Pre & Post-Op Breast Augmentation Checklist
Posted on July 30, 2017
At Aqua Plastic Surgery, Florida plastic surgeons Drs. David Rankin and Dev Vibhakar are committed to educating their patients thoroughly to help ensure successful plastic surgery results. The trusted doctors get many inquiries regarding how to prepare for breast augmentation. In this blog post, the doctors provide a general pre- and post-op checklist for the day of breast augmentation surgery.
- Quit smoking at least four weeks ahead of surgery.
- Request at least one week off work for your procedure.
- Fill your prescriptions to have your medications ready to take after surgery.
- Stock up on post-op essential items such as easy-to-make foods like soups, and water.
- Do not eat anything the morning of surgery.
- Do not take medications or vitamins the day of surgery, unless cleared by your doctor.
- Do not wear any lotions, creams, hairspray or perfume the day of surgery.
- Dress in loose, comfortable clothing, including tops that zip or button up in the front.
- Have a loved one drive you home so you can rest for the remainder of the day.
- Elevate your head and neck using firm, comfortable pillows.
- Rest in a comfortable position on your bed or couch.
- Avoid bending, lifting and any vigorous movement for the remainder of the day. Do not resume these activities until cleared by your doctor.
- Drink at least eight ounces of water every two hours.
- Take pain medication as prescribed.
- Eat a light meal, such as soup or Jell-O.
- Wear your compression garments as instructed.
- Have ice packs or bags of frozen vegetables on hand to help with swelling and bruising.
- Keep your doctor’s contact information near you at all times in case you have questions or experience complications.
Keep in mind that this is a general list of guidelines. Your plastic surgeon will tailor your list to your personal needs and goals.
To learn more about breast augmentation, including whether you are a suitable candidate, please schedule a consultation with Dr. David Rankin or Dr. Dev Vibhakar. The trusted plastic surgeons from Aqua Plastic Surgery can meet with you to discuss your specific concerns and goals for breast enhancement. To schedule your appointment, please call our Jupiter office at (561) 776-2830, our Ft. Lauderdale office at (954) 564-3832 or our West Palm Beach office at (561) 202-6615.